Let me tell you ...
... a little bit more ...
... about me, Betty.
Hi, my name is Betty and I am a photographer based in beautiful Bath.
I am also a wife, a mother, a food fanatic and a gardener. But that’s beside the point.
Rather than tell you the long story about becoming a photographer the long way round, I tell you the ten most important facts to know about myself:
1. My full name is Bettina but everyone calls me Betty. The worst spelling I had for Bettina was ‘Patina’.
2. I am born & bred German and moved to the UK in 2001. I’ve lived in the UK ever since.
3. My surname is Indian through marriage. It’s pronounced Ban-dah-ree.
4. I was a fully qualified architect first. But photography is now my full time career choice and I couldn’t be happier.
5. I am bilingual which has come in very handy for German-English weddings.
6. I am a totally foodie and cook food once a day at least. Since I have moved to Bath I have also started growing some of our food in our garden and more recently in our new allotment.
7. I’m a Nikon girl which is my dad’s fault because he had a Nikon FE2 which was the first camera I properly photographed with (I still have the camera). Today I am a registered professional Nikon user and only use the best cameras and lenses.
8. I always have a camera with me, whether it is my Nikon, my Fuji XT1 (for personal work) or my mobile. I’m never without any of these three.
9. My alter ego is Sabine Schmitz from Top Gear – I love driving fast cars and dare to say I’m good at it!
10. I am a mother of two beautiful kids and wife of what I still think is the greatest man I have ever dated.
What others say about me:
We just wanted to drop you a quick line to say a huge thank you for our lovely wedding photos. You’ve captured the whole event which will enable us to reminisce in the years ahead and will certainly bring back lots of lovely happy memories. We’re amazed at how many different shots you took, some we were completely unaware of, you must have been running around like a mad man, yet you were so unobtrusive! You were so lovely and made us feel completely relaxed, we’re so glad you were our photographer.
Sandra & Paul
I just wanted to say how much we love our wedding photos and to thank you so much for all your hard work. You’ve captured the day so well with some really clever and beautiful shots, and it was so nice to go through them all and effectively relive the day. I was a bit worried that we hadn’t bothered with a videographer and wondered if we might regret it, but the way you’ve taken the photos, completely tells the story of the day. They made me very emotional!
Thank you so much for all the beautiful photos from Anna’s & Richard’s wedding day!! We keep looking through them again and again!! You were absolutely brilliant and we had so many comments about how professional you were, how you just ‘blended in’, how lovely you were to have around. Well we don’t know where to begin in choosing photos but will be in touch soon.
Very best wishes,
Kate & Alistair